Hand Woven Pure Wool Rug - Blue
- Dimensions: 185cm x 220cm approx. including tasseled ends
- Pure Wool, sustainable, biodegradable, renewable
- Colours: Grey, beige, royal blue, maroon, salmon, black and chocolate brown.
- Durable, Warm wool, soft underfoot
- Made by hand by local craftspeople in Ukraine
- 10% of profits will be donated to the Red Cross Ukraine Crisis Appeal or Nova Ukraine Animal Rescue.
Know Your maker
Woven by hand by Hutsul craftspeople in a small village in the far Western region of Ukraine near the border with Poland. Continuing with the traditional weaving of their region, these rugs are made by the village in every stage from the spinning of the wool to the weaving of the textile and the washing of the wool in the clear mountain streams of the region to condition the wool into a soft and fluffy rug. The water of the streams is icy cold and flows from the Carpathian mountains and is integral to creating the soft thick feel of the rug. We have worked with Cup & Cloth who created the exclusive colour schemes and designs, to bring you these extra special pieces from Ukraine. Each one is unique, and made as a celebration of Ukrainian folk crafts and skills.
Wool is soft to touch, renewable, biodegradable, stain resistant, and looks gorgeous. Pure wool carpet is very soft, as a natural material it has a great variation in colour and texture.
We recommend using a rug underlay/ anti slip mat to keep the rug in place on smooth floors and regularly rotate for even wear.
Our rugs are made by hand by skilled craftspeople, and are designed to last a lifetime with mindful care.
Although pure wool is largely stain resistant, please treat small stains immediately with a trusted stain removal method. Dry cleaning recommended for larger or stubborn stains or odours.